Return to Philosophy of Food
Please copy these questions to a word processor and fill in answers. Bring the completed worksheet to class for Q&W points.
1. Describe carbohydrates chemically. How do carbs vary?
2. Are there carbs in milk?
3. What is the significance of the difference between soluble and non-soluble dietary fiber? Is one better for you than the other?
4. What is the controversy over reporting "net carbs" on nutrition labels?
5. Drawing on information in the chapter, identify the following:
- a. The Dietary Reference Intake (DRI) amount for carbs (for your daily calorie intake (or use 2000)).
- b. The proportion that should be complex carbs.
- c. The amount of fiber you should have in your diet.