Revision as of 12:50, 3 April 2018 by Alfino
- Let's try to look out for news stories with ethical dimensions and quickly identify them. You might post a link or just report your item in class.
- This Inlander article raises interesting questions about how values enter into community planning and development.
- Consider attending an Ethics Bowl team scrimmage this month. More details from Dr. Maria Howard (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Police shootings of unarmed black men. The Sacramento case of Stephon Clark.
- Hero in French terror attack.
- "Catch and Kill" journalism in the case of Karen McDougal.
- Cambridge Analytica news. Consider hypotheticals.
- "Fairness" in trade. (Will come up in globalization discussions.)
- More k-12 student walkouts
- West Virginia teachers' strike offers example of inequity aversion, ethics in negotiation.
- Learning about the views of Jordan Peterson, who claims a right of conscience to not use new gender pronouns. See his wiki page.
- Quick change in gun control views. Today's student walkouts seem to be making a values statement.
- The dehumanizing effect of scripted call center interactions.
- Trey Gowdy's retirement statement - Tribalism
- Weinstein Lawsuit holds up sale of troubled company - group resp
- The idea of Baby bounds: giving all youths money to start out with as young adults.