Food Inc Notes
Revision as of 11:26, 24 January 2017 by Alfino
Notes for Food, Inc.
- Agrarian images in supermarkets are ideological. Conceal reality of food production.
- Concentration of markets in a few large corporations.
- Chicken Industry
- 10min "Smells like money to me!" economics of industrial chicken ag. health issues. transparency issues
- Corn Story
- industrial foods as rearrangements of corn -- from 20 bushels an acre to 200 (I wonder what yield is for a modern organic corn field?).
- Jack in the Box Ecoli Story
- Kevin's Law - 37min industrial meat plants footage.
- Family segment -
- Joel Salatin Show -- "honest food" includes externalities. speech on not maximizing growth to preserve food integrity (very interesting topic)
- Hog Segment 55:44 32,000 / day recruiting from Mexico after dumping cheap corn there.
- Organic Industry Story
- Stoneyfield -- hippie origins, now in Walmart