Major Course Research Questions for Happiness and Wisdom
Jump to navigationJump to search
Return to Happiness and Wisdom
- How objective, real, or subjective is happiness?
- Is it true that money does not make you happy?
- What role does fate and luck play in happiness?
- What role does wealth play in happiness?
- What role does love and intimacy play in happiness?
- What role does pleasure play in happiness?
- To what extent can we influence our general happiness by the things we do?
- What insights and practices, if any, can I make use of from historical philosophical and relgious thought on happiness (Christianity, Hellenistic schools, Yoga, Buddhism)?
- Is Happiness the end of a good life (recall stoics)?
- If we know so much about happiness, why not use it to guide public policy?
- Is wisdom real or a subjective and cultural myth?
- Is wisdom a kind of knowledge? If so, what kind of knowledge is it?
- Can wisdom be acquired? If so, what sorts of learning and training work?
- What is the age of onset of wisdom?
- Is Wisdom partly the result of personal training of emotions, (especially, in relation to knowledge of reality (Stoicism) or the nature of mind (Yoga), or a view about the reality of self and change (Buddhism)?