Philosophy of Italian Culture - Florence 2014
Revision as of 00:01, 25 June 2014 by Alfino
- Course Information
- Course Schedule
- In-class Notes
- Discussion Questions
- Short essay topics - tba
- parallel cousin marriage. 
- Example of how Geertz is being used in contemporary scholarship 
- Anthropology, Inc and the Coolhunt: Here's an article that a student in a related class found on how anthropology is being used today for market research. Very interesting for developing your intuitions on ethnography . It reminded me of an older piece by Malcolm Gladwell that is somewhat famous: The Coolhunt 
- Bas-relief du Palazzo degi Uffici (EUR, Rome) - referred to in Pugliese. Note image of Mussolini at bottom center.
- Timeline from class Feb 4
- Minder and Ferriter presentation on Epigenetics: Open this powerpoint  and audio  to replay this presentation.
- Megan Trudell, Gramsci: The Turin Years, International Socialism, 9 April 07.
- Glossary Terms: Economism, Hegemony, Historical Bloc
- Wilson chapter notes
- Political Philosophy/Social Philosophy: J. S. Mill and Karl Marx -- Mill and Mazzini knew each other and had similar political views (great paper topic here). These notes might help you locate Mill, Mazzini, and Marx on the standard political spectrum.
- World War 1: The breakdown of capitalism
- Chapter 22: Gramsci - theory of hegemony, civil society, an revolution
- Global Recession Timeline
- "Just-so Stories" []
- Good illustrated narration of the effect of the Congress of Vienna. 
- Timeglider timeline on Italian History, needs work. 
Resources from previous version of this course: Spring 2014
- Questions for Girlfriend in a Coma
- Questions for Videocracy
- Questions for Romanzo di una strage (Novel of a massacre)
- Questions for Buongiorno, notte