Alicia Bies' Information Diet
News and Current Information and Opinion
- New York Times - national and international news, opinion
- Seattle Times - I started checking Seattle Times online after my dad stopped ordering the paper. This is a great place to get local news but also bigger news stories.
- Redmond Reporter - I get news from my hometown from the online version of their newspaper, Redmond Reporter.
- Yahoo! - Yahoo is my home page and it gives me links to many different news stories with know specific concern to a certain location.
- MSN - If I don't feel like using Yahoo, I will check MSN for any interesting news links/headlines.
Sources I will start to use
- Woot! - Information and deals on a new material item every day.
- 60 Minutes - Good information on interesting and varying topics.
Music and Movies
- Pandora - I listen to a lot of different songs from the mixed play lists that Pandora creates.
- Facebook - People post songs from youtube that they like which is where I hear about a lot of new and upcoming bands.
- Netflix - Netflix gives a collaborative filter based off movies that I've previously watched and ratings from viewers and critics.
- BBC - Reading about global news would help balance my perspective because I only read about news from the United States.
- NPR - This news source would add depth to what I already read about.