Course Research Questions - MRFW Fall 2022
From AlfinoJump to navigationJump to search
Course Research Questions for Moral Responsiblity and Free Will
- 1. Are our praise and blame behaviors well justified?
- 2. What is moral responsibility? What other types are there?
- 3. Does an account of MR require an account of free will?
- 4. What is free will? How might various accounts of free will commit us to views about MR and vice versa?
- 5. Are there good grounds for skepticism about moral responsibility or free will?
- 6. What are the implications of naturalist accounts of Free Will (Dennett) and post-free will intuitions (illusionism/disillutionism)?
- 7. What is the relationship between an account of moral responsibility and a view about appropriate forms of punishment?
- 8. Is there "justice without retribution"? What is the future of our retributive intuitions?