Critical Thinking Articles for Reconstruction
Return to Critical Thinking
- Bryce Covert, "Will Better Consumer Protection Lead to a Credit Crunch for Women?" The Nation, 
- Jonas Gahr Store, "Why We Must Talk," The New York Review of Books, April 7, 2011. 
- Editorial, "Internet Filtering Bill," Spokesman-Review, 
- Sabrina Schaeffer, "Why the Wage Gap?," National Review, 
- David Cole, "Can Congress Force Us to Eat Brocolli?," NRYBlog 
- Chuck Donovan, "As Marriage Fades, Society Suffers," Heritage Foundation website, Dec 13, 2010. 
- Editorial Board, "Judicial Activitism on Health Reform," The New York Times, February 2, 2011  If that link doesn't work click here. My recon
- Conn Carroll, "Morning Bell: Another Victory on the Road to Repeal," The Foundry: Conservative Policy News, Heritage Foundation, Februrary 1, 2011 
- Mark Bittman, "A Food Manifesto for the Future," Opinionator Blog, New York Times, Feb 1, 2011  --- For Class: Read the whole article, then reconstruct the first three bulleted paragraphs as subarguments. For each identify the conclusion and premises in a list. Then identify the general conclusion of the article.
- Thomas Sowell, "Spilled Milk," Human Events, 
- Avik Roy, "Florida v. HHS Could Become a Landmark for Individual Liberty," The Agenda, National Review Online, January 31, 2011 
- Fred Upton, "Obamacare: A Pivot Point," National Review Online, January 31, 2011 
- Newt Gingrich, "The Market Can Fix the Problem," US News and World Report, February 2009 Reconstruction of 2009 Gingrich Editorial on Health Care
- Judy Feder, "Federal Action is Required" US News and World Report, February 2009 Reconstruction of 2009 Feder Editorial on Health Care
- Robert Stacy McCain, "It Still Won't Work"
- Brian Wesbury, American Spectator, "Unemployement and Stimulus"
- Editorial, "The Nation Needs Jobs, not a political agenda"
- Paul Krugman, Push Hard for Universal Health Care
- Maude Barlow, "Water is a Human Right"
- Bringing Justice to the War on Terrorism
- Clark Hoyt, "Keeping Their Opinions to Themselves" NYT, Sunday, October 19, 2008. Recons
- "Revolt of the Nihilists," David Brooks, NYT 9/29/08
- Speech Before the Vote on the Wall Street Bailout Legislation, Speaker of House, Nancy Pelosi, September 29th, 2008
- Palin and the Experience Canard, WSJ
- Of course we can win in Afghanistan, Anne Applebaum, Slate
- Obama's "Talking Cure" Commentary
- "Mistaken Authority" Neal Katyal and Justin Florence, Slate
- "Trust Me," NYT 9/23/08
- The Mortgage Buck Stops Where?, Christian Science Monitor, 9/22/08
- Will Universal Health Care Wreck Cancer Treatment? See model student reconstructions of this article
- Jesse Walker, Injecting Speed See model student reconstructions of this article
- Herbert, Fantasies, Well Meant NYT 9/10/07
- LaFranchi, H. (2007, September 10). Is Iraq making political strides? (Cover story). Christian Science Monitor, 99(199), 1-11.
- The Economist, " Iraq's Troubles" Sept 13th, 2007.
- Secularism is not Anti-religion
- Civil Rights
- How Do We Fix Elections?