Fall 2010 Wisdom Course
Return to Wisdom
- 1 CPS Pulse "clicker" 
- Hall, Stephen S. Wisdom: From Philosophy to Neuroscience. New York: Alfred A. Knopf, 2010. ISBN 9780307269102 
- Sternberg, Robert J. Wisdom: Its Nature, Origins, and Development. New York: Cambridge Univ Pr, 1990. ISBN 0521367182 
Goals of the Course
- To survey and acquire a basic working knowledge of research on wisdom.
- To develop a theory of wisdom which reflects your critical appraisal of the topic in light of readings and discussion.
- To experiment with the application of elements of your theory of wisdom to your own life.
- To develop your skill and enjoyment at philosophical reflection.
- Dr. Mark Alfino, Department of Philosophy, Rebmann Hall 203, Gonzaga University, Spokane, Washington 99258
- Office Hours: See alfino.org
- Office: (509) 313-6753 | Home: (509) 455-8831 | Fax: (509) 324-5718 | Cell: (509) 939-4225
- Email: email@example.com
- Students in my courses should feel free to call me at home if the other phone numbers do not find me.
- . You must complete all work in the course to receive a grade.
- . You must disclose any work that you are turning in for this course that you are submitting or have submitted for other courses.
- . You must comply with all university policies concerning academic honesty.