- First We Feast Food Movie List: 
- Fed UP - 2014- (netflix stream) -  - documentary focused on public health effects of Western Diet
- Cowspiracy, -2014 - documentarist Kip Anderson questions leading environmental organizations in light of FAO report on "Long Shadow of Livestock". Note, this movie has been significantly criticized in light of weaknesses in the FAO report and claims made about vegan diets as the only sustainable diets.
- More than Honey, 2012 - on honey colony collapse.
- Food Inc 2008 netflix
- Soul Food Junkies (2012) - To many African Americans, soul food is sacrament, ritual, and a key expression of cultural identity. But does this traditional cuisine do more harm to health than it soothes the soul?
- Sushi: The Global Catch (2012) - From humble beginnings as a simple food sold by Japanese street vendors, sushi has exploded into an international phenomenon in the past 30 years. SUSHI: THE GLOBAL CATCH is a feature-length documentary shot in five countries exploring the history, problems and future of this popular cuisine. Much of sushi's rich cultural tradition that began in Tokyo is changing as raw fish now appear from cities like Warsaw and New York to small towns worldwide. But what is the cost? Will the worldwide hunger for sushi continue to grow until wild fish vanish, or will new technology like aquaculture keep plates full? Can sustainable sushi restaurants satisfy consumers or will competition for declining resources drive prices so high that only a few can afford raw fish?
- Bite Size 2014 - netflix - Documentary focused on obesity epidemic in US.
- Farmageddon 2011 - loss of family farms - netflix
- A Place at the Table 2012 - food insecurity
- Forks over Knives (2011) - Examines the profound claim that most, if not all, of the degenerative diseases that afflict us can be controlled, or even reversed, by rejecting our present menu of animal-based and processed foods.
- The Search for General Tso (2014) - documentary on a popular food item in American Chinese Food.
- King Corn (2007) - a classic documentary on the influence of corn on the US diet.
- Chef's Table (Gelb tv series netflix) - 2014 - Chef's Table goes inside the lives and kitchens of six of the world's most renowned international chefs. Each episode focuses on a single chef and their unique look at their lives, talents and passion from their piece of culinary heaven.
- Jiro Dreams of Sushi (2011) -
- Babette's Feast,
- Big Night,
- Haute Cuisine,
- A Matter of Taste - 2011 - The film tells the story of Paul Liebrandt, who as a young chef was both heavily praised for his talent and critiqued for his dishes falling short of expectation. Spoiler alert: He became the chef of what is now the two Michelin star restaurant Corton. This documentary takes a closer look at what it takes to be a successful haute chef.
- 100,000 beating hearts