Major Ethics Course Questions
Return to Ethics
- What are moral values and where do they come from?
- How are moral values related to other kinds of valuing that humans engage in?
- What kind of theory is a moral theory? (meta-level question)
- What are the major theoretical approaches to ethics?
- How is our psychology and identity related to our moral valuation and behavior?
- To what extent is being moral about resisting our psychology vs. working with it?
- What is justice?
- What are our obligations to others in need of assistance?
- How are personal and political morality related?
- What is political and moral difference?
- How should I think about and interact with people who hold very different moral, political, or religious outlooks than I do?
- Are there cultural values that most or all cultures identify with "being civilized"?