Major Ethics Course Questions
From AlfinoJump to navigationJump to search
Return to Ethics
- What are moral values and where do they come from?
- What kind of theory is a moral theory?
- What are the major theoretical approaches to ethics from philosophers? What use are these theories?
- To what extent does our psychology and identity explain our political orientation, moral beliefs,and behavior?
- To what extent is being moral about resisting our psychology and its biases vs. working with it and them?
- What is justice?
- What is political and moral difference?
- How should I think about and interact with people who hold very different moral, political, or religious outlooks than I do?
- Are there limits to the partiality I should show to my family and friends?
- Is empathy important for a moral person to cultivate?
- Are we really as responsible for our behavior (including praise and blame behavior) as we think?