Major Happiness Research Questions
Return to Happiness
Major Research Questions
- How objective, real, subjective is happiness?
- Is it true that money does not make you happy?
- What role does fate and luck play in happiness?
- What role does wealth play in happiness?
- What role does love and intimacy play in happiness?
- What role does pleasure play in happiness?
- To what extent can we influence our general happiness by the things we do?
- What insights and practices, if any, can I make use of from historical philosophical and relgious thought on happiness (Christianity, Hellenistic schools, Yoga, Buddhism)?
- Is Happiness the end of a good life (recall stoics)?
- If we know so much about happiness, why not use it to guide public policy?
- How compatible is Happiness with instances or conditions of great sadness in one's life?
- Do I need to know and practice to be happy with my life to be happy? (My Philosophy of Happiness Paper)