Return to Philosophy of Food
Please copy these questions to a word processor and fill in answers. I'll probably sample your answers using a google form to give you credit for this.
1. What are proteins chemically?
2. What is the crucial difference between 9 of the amino acids and the other 11?
3. What are some of the major processes in protein metabolism and functions of protein in the body? (List)
4. What do we learn about American protein consumption levels?
5. Calculate your dietary reference intake (DRI) levels for protein using both the 10-35% method and the ideal body weight method (p. 61).