Sovereignty & Right to Protect
From AlfinoJump to navigationJump to search
Return to Ethics
Follow this pattern to post research results and links to this page:
- (Brief description of resource. Link if any. Your real name.)
Try to group your posts under topics, maybe using subheadings or putting posts near other related topics.
Sovereignty and the Right to Protect
Main Topic Questions
- This topic seems to grow out of the Singer Chapter on intervention and the predominance of this issue in the news.
- What are the grounds for intervening in another country's sovereignty to prevent recognized international crimes against humanity from ocurring?
- What sort of international structure (or reform of the UN) is needed to authorize intervention? Should this structure have a standing military?
- Update the Singer reading by looking up recent activity of the international organizations he references.
- Collect arguments and opinions from authoritative sources.
- One argument for protecting sovereignty is that when we intervene it can create more instability. It article uses the Iraq war as an example 
- This is a very detailed look at the definition of sovereignty