Summer 2014 Philosophy of Culture Questions
Return to Philosophy of Culture: Benin
Major Course Research Questions
- What skills are involved in seeing things anthropologically?
- How do practices and beliefs from animist religion become visible in ethnographic description?
- What are some of the metaphysical and practical commitments of Ewe Togolese Vodoo?
- How should we understand the political dynamics of the Dahomey empire as the slave trade was ending?
- What are some of the main positions in development studies today, especially with respect to Africa?
- Combining our studies of development theory with our knowledge of conditions and history of Benin, what is our best theory of the development challenges facing Benin?