2011 Fall Proseminar Study Guide for Philosophical Methods Test
Return to Philosophy Proseminar
1. Understand all basic terms from argument theory.
2. Be able to distinguish explanations from arguments, deductive from inductive arguments.
3. Review concept of validity and the Principle of Induction
4. Understand, distinguish, and give examples of different types of definitions.
5. Explain and exemplify three main assessment strategies for arguments.
6. Review both lists of philosophical methods and develop a definition and example for each method in each list.