Basic Course Information
Return to Philosophy of Culture
Goals of the Course
- Understand, integrate, and critically assess theories about the nature of culture and cultural criticism.
- Acquire a basic understanding of Italian culture, history, philosophy, and politics.
- Acquire initial skills in ethnographic description and intercultural competence.
- Develop your own philosophical theory of culture and cultural criticism.
- Dr. Mark Alfino, Department of Philosophy, Gonzaga-in-Florence, Via Giorgio La Pira, 11/13, 50121 Firenze, Italy
- Office Hours: See alfino.org
- Office: cell number to be announced.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Students in my courses should feel free to call cell phone with questions that they cannot settle through email.
- You must complete all work in the course to receive a grade.
- You must disclose any work that you are turning in for this course that you are submitting or have submitted for other courses.
- You must comply with all university policies concerning academic honesty.