Main Course Links
- Philosophy of Human Nature Basic Course Information -- 2 min video on Course Website and Course Wiki
- Lecture Notes Part 1 - January
- Lecture Notes Part 2 - February - March
- Lecture Notes Part 3 - April
- Study Questions -- official
- Study Questions -- with student notes
- Paper Topics
- Student Work
- Student Practice Page
- Registering Your Clicker in Philosophy 201
- Copy of Mid-term
- Major Research Questions
Current Readings and Resources
- Some youtube clips relevant to the "irreducible complexity" issue in intelligent design creationism.
- Recent work on free will related to the illusion of conscious control:
- Carruthers, Peter. "The Illusion of Conscious Will ." Synthese 159 (2007): 197-213.
- Nahmias, Eddy. "When Consciousness Matters: a Critical Review of Daniel Wegner's The Illusion of Conscious Will ." Philosophical Psychology 15.4 (2002): 527-41.
- van Duijn, Marc, and Bem Sacha. "On the Alleged Illusion of Conscious Will ." Philosophical Psychology 18.6 (2005): 699-714.
- Wigley, Simon. "Automaticity, Consciousness and Moral Responsibility ." Philosophical Psychology 20.2 (2007): 209-25.
- Spring 2011 201 Midterm
- David Brooks, "Social Animal," The New Yorker, January 17th, 2011. 
- Meditation Exercises
- Philosophical Movie Lists
- Philosophical Methods
- Some Really Important Dates
- Quick Reference for Wikis