Question List 1
Return to Philosophy Proseminar
Question for investigating Philosophy as a discipline:
- What is philosophy?
- What are the major fields of Philosophy? See this wiki list.
- What are some basic concepts, issues, and methods of each? Browse.
- What are the major temporal epochs of Western philosophy?
- Is philosophy a global phenomenon? What is comparative philosophy? How do you identify philosophy in other cultures? (See course unit)
- What is the difference between continental and analytic philoosphy? (Course unit)
- What are: existentialism, postmodernism, positivism, romanticism, enlightenment philosophy, scientific revolution, renaissance, neo-platonism, scholasticism, game theory, cognitive science, moral psychology, ...
- How does philosophy relate to literature and religion?
- What are contemporary philosophers saying about art & politics?
- Why did language become so important in 20th century philosophy?