Questions for Girlfriend in a Coma
Return to Philosophy of Italian Culture
While watching the film, answer the following questions:
- Take a note of the the information/aspects that you do not understand or that you simply would like to comment on and bring your questions and observations into class.
- Make a list of the aspects of "bad" Italy and "good" Italy.
- Within each segment of the film, identify the causes and explanations given for each aspect.
- In what ways does the film confirm or disconfirm your ideas of Italy? What, in particular, was surprising in the film? What did you most appreciate?
- What is the function of truth, honesty, creativity, community, law, and work in Italy's positive and negative conditions.